How do I sponsor my partner for Canadian immigration?

  • Mock Webware

You can become a sponsor if you are:

  • At least 18 years old
  • A Canadian citizen, a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or a permanent resident
  • Living in Canada:
    • If you are a Canadian Citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative becomes a permanent resident
    • You can’t sponsor someone if you are a permanent resident living outside of Canada
  • Able to prove you are not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability.