PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM (PNP)
This program is for workers who:
- Have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific province or territory
- Want to live in that province, and
- Want to become permanent residents of Canada
Each province and territory has its own stream (immigration programs that target certain groups) and requirements.
E.G., in a program stream, provinces and territories may target
- Business Individuals
- Skilled workers
- Semi-skilled workers
There are two ways to apply:
- Paper Based process (non-Express Entry system)
- Express Entry process
In both cases:
- You must meet the eligibility requirements of the province or territory, AND
- You must submit an Express Entry profile and show you meet the minimum criteria for Express Entry, including being eligible for one of the immigration programs it covers.
- If you are invited to apply, you submit an electronic application to IRCC
The criteria by province and territory vary and can change without notice.