Ontario's Masters Graduate stream gives international students, who have graduated with a master's degree from an eligible university in Ontario, the opportunity to immigrate permanently to Ontario without the requirement of a job offer.
- Graduated from an existing master's program at an eligible university in Ontario;
- Program of study must have been at least one year in length and must have been completed on a full-time basis;
- Application must be submitted within two years of completing the requirements necessary to obtain the master's degree;
- Be residing in Ontario with legal status or under implied status;
- Candidate does not need to be in Canada at the time of the application;
- CLB 7 in English or French (speaking, reading, writing and listening);
- Demonstrate residence in Ontario for at least 12 of the last 24 months before the application submission date;
- Settlement funds are calculated on family size and annual earnings (whether or not the family members are accompanying the applicant or not). Family members include: spouse or common-law partner, children under the age of 22 and their children;
- Intention to live and work permanently in Ontario;
- Not intend to pursue further academic studies in Ontario.
Successful nominees must submit an application for permanent residence to IRCC within six (6) months of being nominated by the OINP. Applicants must include a copy of both documents (Letter of Nomination and OINP Confirmation of Nomination) with their permanent residence application to IRCC.
The OINP sates that a nomination does not guarantee the approval of an application for Canadian permanent residence with IRCC. Nominees must continue to demonstrate the intention to reside in Ontario.