Temporary Resident Visa Canada Extension

Extending your stay in Canada? Our immigration consultant in Toronto can help you with temporary resident visa extensions

If you want to extend your visa, you must apply 30 days before your status in Canada expires. Your original temporary status as a visitor continues under the same conditions until your application is finalized and you have been notified of the decision,

The validity of your temporary resident status cannot exceed the validity of your passport. Therefore, you should ensure your passport will be valid for at least the same amount of time as your requested extension.

Extend your stay in Canada as a Visitor

If you want to stay in Canada longer (as a visitor), you need to apply for a visitor record. You must apply for a visitor record before your status expires.

A visitor record is not a visa. It is a document that a border service officer may give you to extend or restrict your stay in Canada. If you want to stay in Canada for more than 6 months, you must tell the border services officer. You may also get a visitor record to extend your stay or restore your status. A visitor record is either issued by the Canada Border Services Agency or Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

You need to apply for a visitor record when:

  • You first arrive at the port of entry and you know you want to stay longer than 6 months; or
  • You are in Canada and decide you want to stay longer
  • You must apply at least 30 days before your authorized stay in Canada expires
  • The visitor record will include an expiry date. You must leave Canada prior to your visitor record expiring.

We offer Immigration Services across Canada and Worldwide.

Looking to extend your stay in Canada with a Temporary Resident Visa?

Let our Canadian Immigration Consultant assist you with the process. Contact Sosaan Immigration now to receive professional guidance and support in extending your visa and ensuring compliance with Canadian immigration regulations.

Schedule a Consultation