UPDATE ON BIOMETRICS
Service Canada Centres are gradually resuming biometrics collection services for Permanent Residents who have received a Biometric instruction letter.
Calls are being based on when the application was submitted and the region where the applicant lives. When the Service Canada officer calls, the following information will need to be provided:
- IRCC application number which is found on the Biometrics instruction letter
- Preferred appointment time and
- Service Canada Centre location. The officer will help in finding the closest available location
If for some reason, applicant is unable to give biometrics within the period indicated on the Biometrics Instruction letter, the application will not be refused even if the Biometrics instruction letter says the applicant has 30 or 90 days to respond.
The Biometrics Instruction Letter and passport or travel document must be brought to the appointment.
There are Biometrics exemptions for temporary residence applicants in Canada. Below is a list of exemptions:
- applying or have an application in progress:
- to restore your status as a student, worker or visitor
- to extend your stay as a student, worker or visitor
- for a work or study permit
- for a visitor visa
- for a temporary resident permit
This exemption applies even if the application form for a work permit, study permit or visitor visa says it's for applicants outside Canada.