TRAVELLERS TO CANADA MUST USE THE ARRIVECAN APP
TRAVELLERS ENTERING CANADA BY AIR
As of November 21, 2020, if you're flying to Canada as your final destination, you must use ArriveCAN to submit your:
- travel and contact information
- quarantine plan
- COVID-19 symptom self-assessments
- submit your information before you board your flight to Canada
- be ready to show your ArriveCAN receipt when seeking entry into Canada
- a border services officer will verify that you have submitted your information digitally
If you don't submit your information through ArriveCAN, you may:
- face additional delays at the border for public health questioning
- be subject to enforcement action, which can range from verbal warnings to $1,000 fines
TRAVELLERS ENTERING CANADA BY LAND
If you're travelling to Canada by land, you're strongly encouraged to submit your travel information through ArriveCAN. This will speed up processing at the border and limit points of contact. Show your ArriveCAN receipt to the border services officer.
TRAVELLERS AFTER THEY HAVE ENTERED CANADA
As of November 21, 2020, all travellers, whether they travel by air or land must provide information after their entry into Canada.
You must use ArriveCAN or call 1-833-641-0343 to:
- confirm that you've arrived at the address you provided for your quarantine or isolation location within 48 hours of your entry into Canada
- complete daily COVID-19 symptom self-assessments during your quarantine period
HOW TO USE ARRIVE CAN
ArriveCAN is available as a mobile app or you can sign in on-line.