To apply for a study permit, you need an acceptance letter from a designated learning institution.  A designated learning institution is a school approved by a provincial or territorial government to host international students.  All primary and secondary schools in Canada are designated learning institutions.


Study permits are only required for courses of study that are intended to last six months or longer.  Any course or program that is less than six months, does not require a study permit. After being accepted to a specific course at a DLI, you can submit your application for a study permit.  There are a number of requirements that must be met to satisfy a visa or immigration officer.

Would you like to learn more?

Book time with us now.

Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant

CAPIC-ACCPI Logo 2018.png
Contact us:
Call:       437-774-6153

Member Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council

Member Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants

340 King Street East, 4th Floor

Toronto, ON  M5A 1K8

  • Facebook

© 2020 Sosaan Immigration