• sosaannyland


Do you have a study program that requires work experience as part of your curriculum?

If so, you can apply for a co-op work permit if:

- you have a valid study permit

- work is required to complete your study program in Canada

- you have a letter from your school that confirms all students in your program need to complete work placements to get their degree and

- your co-op placement or internship total 50% or less of your study program

Has the COVID-19 outbreak impacted your studies in Canada?

The COVID-19 outbreak has prevented many international students from studying in Canada and has forced studies on-line from abroad. If your school and employer agree, you can either

- accept a Canadian work placement and begin working remotely from your home country

- work for a company in your home country

If you are working remotely from outside Canada, you can work while the Canadian government processes your study permit and co-op work permit applications.

Eligibility Requirements

You cannot apply for a co-op work permit if you are taking one of the following:

- English or French as a second language (ESL/FSL)

- General interest courses

- Courses to prepare for another study program

If you are not eligible for a co-op work permit, but you want to work in Canada, you must apply for a work permit

1 view0 comments

Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant

CAPIC-ACCPI Logo 2018.png
Contact us:
Call:       437-774-6153
Email:    info@sosaanimmigration.ca

Member Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council

Member Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants

340 King Street East, 4th Floor

Toronto, ON  M5A 1K8

  • Facebook

© 2020 Sosaan Immigration