• A permanent resident is someone who has been given permanent resident status by immigrating to Canada, however, is not a Canadian citizen. Permanent residents are citizens of other countries.

  • A person in Canada temporarily, like a student or foreign worker, is not a permanent resident.

  • To keep your permanent resident status, you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years. These 730 days don’t need to be continuous. Some of your time abroad may count towards the 730 days.

  • New permanent residents do not need to apply for a Permanent resident card (PR card).  One will be sent to you.  There is a $50 processing fee for PR card applications.

Would you like to learn more?

Book time with us now.

Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant

CAPIC-ACCPI Logo 2018.png
Contact us:
Call:       437-774-6153

Member Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council

Member Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants

340 King Street East, 4th Floor

Toronto, ON  M5A 1K8

  • Facebook

© 2020 Sosaan Immigration